11.05.2015

Madelyn's Sip and See

Sip and See

It wasn't until a friend of mine from college who lives in NYC texted and asked what a Sip & See was that I realized this isn't like a nationwide "thang."  Leave it to us Southerners to find a reason to incorporate drinking with meeting a new bundle of joy :)  

So that's what we did for baby Madelyn.  We celebrated her with a Sip and See.  There is a few reasons for a Sip & See in my opinion for those of you that are not familiar.  

+ It was my second baby (pretty close in age), so I wasn't interested in having a big baby shower when I had most all of the big ticket items that I needed.  So this allowed me to have a small gathering where people could bring a little gift (clothes, books, blankets, towels) for the new baby if they wanted; but it wasn't a "shower" so they shouldn't feel obligated.  

+ A Sip & See is typically a month or so after the baby is born, so this way people know they are going to get a chance to meet the baby.  It helps cut down on a lot of extra "drop-ins" that sometimes can wear new Mom's down when they are trying to catch up on some lost night time sleep during the day.    

+ It's a great excuse to get together with your friends post-baby!! It forces you to enjoy a night or day of enjoyment with friends and family.  I chose to do mine on a weeknight evening from 5-7pm.  We did girls only and I only invited my girlfriends.  The rest of the family gets to meet and see baby whenever, so I wanted this to be just for my friends.  We did mine at my house, but I would maybe say that doing it at someone else's house would be less stressful.  It's always hard to have a party at your own house because you want everything to be perfectly neat and clean and that can be exhausting.  But the end result was beautiful and all the girls throwing the party did an amazing job.  

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves!!!














How adorable are these martini's??  

Just add a piece of cotton candy then poor a mixture of vodka and club soda over top!! The cotton candy gives it the perfect amount of sweetness and it makes for a festive pink cocktail for the shower.





3 Generations of Bryan Women :)

Family :)

The lady of the hour!!

Me with my beautiful hosts!! 


So have you girls heard of a Sip and See before??  Have you ever thrown one or been to one??


The invitations and all the paper goods for the party were done by La Belle Fete.  My SIL went to college with Nikki, who started this company, and I'm in love with all of her work!! You can follow her on Instagram here to see some of her other work.

Flowers by Fiore
Cake Pops by a family friend
Macaroons by Cake Gallery 
Monogrammed items on Fireplace by Harbor Blue Designs
Invites & Party Swag by La Belle Fete





Signature
 photo blue-sig_zps535a57e5.png  photo blue-sig_zps535a57e5.png

28 comments:

  1. Everything was done with so much attention to detail and care - it looks like a beautiful day! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful party! Have a great day! -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful evening. Love all the little details especially that martini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It looks like it was a great party! All of the little details are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous party! All the details are perfect...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Sip and See. I love those parties, drinks and babies, two of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like such a great party!! Madelyn looks precious! Love the martini idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am from the south, and I have never heard of a Sip-N-See. However, I do like the concept. Your baby is so beautiful and I love the pic of her alone. She almost looks like she is full aware that this party is in her honor. Lovely party. ~Lowanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd never heard of a Sip and See before reading about it on a few blogs, but I love the idea! Everything looks so beautiful, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard of a Sip and See and the one your friends threw is even cuter than I could have imagined! You have some talented friends and Madelyn looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous party!!! I've heard of a Sip and See before (and I'm from the northern part of the US) and I think it's a great idea, especially for the second baby. All the details are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!!!! Love your dress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! First time I'm hearing about a Sip and See! I can see why they are a popular thing! How adorable! It makes sense when having your second! I'm loving all of the baby posts and photos!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. the cotton candy is SO cute and i love the invitations! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this!!!! I have heard of these, and I didn't have a formal shower for my second either so this would have been perfect. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pictures are great! I love this idea!!

    Brittany,
    www.lawyerlookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet! My mom wanted to throw me one of these too, but then the holidays got in the way and it just never got done, but this is super cute. I love it! If I ever have another one, I'm so doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes! Love this! I love a good sip and see! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything looks beautiful, especially the cake pop and macaroons YUM!! Sip & see's are so southern, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea! Loving all the little details and the Madelyn Martini - yum!

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never heard of a sip and see either, but this is an awesome idea!! Your decor is so cute, and all of the food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ive never heard of a Sip and See, this is darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Um... this party looks like the sweetest thing ever!! I have never heard of a sip & see (probably because none of my friends have kids) but I'll definitely keep it in the back of my mind!!

    xo, Kristina
    Medicine & Manicures

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the Sip and See idea! I've never been to one, but it seems so practical! Everyone just wants to see the baby and drink wine anyway, so why not?!
    -Kristen
    www.pugsandpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. My parents held a sip & see when I took my daughter to Florida for her first visit to Bibsy and Pop-Pop's house... except she was five months old at the time :) It was still so sweet for my parents to do and I think my mom's friends really loved getting a chance to see the baby they had heard all about!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have heard of these but never attended one. I would say sprinkles are more popular in these parts. However I love this idea! She is such a beauty Annie - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so adorable! I've never been to a Sip & See. I'm not sure they're big around here, although I do love the idea! This is the most adorable party! Love all the awesome details!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful party!! I haven't heard of a Sip and See before until Owen threw one for her sister. It's a great idea and looks like a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete