6.25.2015

Thoughts for Thursday | My Confessions

I've seen a lot of these posts recently floating around blogland and I always enjoy reading them.  So I'm sharing confessions today on the blog instead of my usual random thoughts on Thursday :)  
Here you go...


+ I confess that I couldn't be more proud of myself for keeping Brody's 2nd birthday party to a simple family-only gathering.  I love any excuse for throwing a party so this is very out of character for me!


+ I confess that we paid someone to put together all of Brody's birthday presents this year instead of my handyman husband doing it.  I think it saved us a lot of cuss words around the Malone household and kept husbands stress levels down:)

+ I confess that I have missed connecting with most of my fellow bloggers.

+ I confess that I've done a terrible job of reaching out to new bloggers and being a consistent reader and commenter.  

+ I confess that I used to be good at that.  It makes me sad that I don't seem to get my morning time anymore to read my favorite blogs, find a few new ones, and comment to many of you.  

+ I confess that I hate the thought of being nine months pregnant in August and September when it's brutally hot, but I'm excited to have a fall baby.

+ I confess that I've hired someone to come do our laundry twice a month.

+ I confess that it honestly feels like the best money ever spent and she folds all of our clothes (including my underwear) just perfectly.  

+ I confess that I'm super giddy to see Brody's big boy room and Madelyn's nursery all put together.  We've made so much progress this week!!

+ I confess that I've been totally hooked on the Women's World Cup soccer.  They play in the Elite 8 tomorrow night!!!  Go USA!

+ I confess that I really want three children, but I feel like I'm going to chicken out after having a second!  

+ I confess that I'm going to watch Bruce Jenner's new show coming out in July and my husband hates me for it!

+ I confess that I could get myself into big trouble with clothes shopping for new baby girl.  I thought I might control myself this pregnancy, but I've already found myself purchasing quite a bit...eek!

+ I confess that I think all of you are so awesome for coming around here each week/day/month and reading my blog.  I hope you are still enjoying what you read even though there is less of it most weeks!  I thank you all with true sincerity for all of your support!

Now it's your turn...
Grab the button below and link up to Annie and Natalie  on your Thoughts for Thursday post.  
Use #thoughtsforthursdays on Instagram and tag us @homeofmalones and @eastcoastnat.
Link up starts at 6am EST. 

Follow us on Bloglovin' too:

Thoughts for Thursday

24 comments:

  1. I love reading these posts too! So fun to get to "know" the bloggers you follow and love. I'm excited for you that you hired someone to come do your laundry! What an idea! Laundry is overwhelming for me at times with 3 kids. It's the actually "putting it away" that I seem to struggle with! hehe Anyway - FUN post!
    Katey
    http://www.twopeasinablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my… a laundry folder?! Please convince my husband that we need this too! Also, I will totally be watching Bruce Jenner's show. It's literally like a train wreck, so terrible but you can't look away

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANNIE!!! This was super fun to read and probably one of my favorites you've done in awhile. I obviously know you, BUT it's always so nice to feel a stronger personaly connection with the bloggers we follow. Plus, I could feel the brutal honesty coming out...LOVE IT! PS...Madelyn? How did I miss this!? OBSESSED!!! She's going to be precious and I can't wait to see her! We'll miss you this weekend but will DEFINITELY (seriously this time) see you next year! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your confessions! I think I'll probably watch Caitlyn Jenner's show too, at least at first, so we can be ridiculed together for that haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun post and getting someone to do laundry and assemble big things sounds like a perfect investment to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will definitely be checking out Caitlyn Jenner's show, too - I mean how can you not be intrigued?!? So many people in Chicago paid someone to do their laundry - mostly because no one had in unit laundry haha but still, I've always thought it was genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it's not much fun being pregnant during the summer (I have an August 30th baby) but looking back it was the best.summer.ever! It was the only summer I could embrace a big belly and not worry about having to suck in! :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should hire someone to do our laundry, and I'm not even pregnant! Don't stress girl it's hard being pregnant and in the summer too. You're doing a great job!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true about baby girl clothes! I always go shopping with one of my girlfriends (who is a mom to two girls) and she ends up buying 50% more girl clothes because I'm always saying, "Oh my gosh! This is SO CUTE!" And then when she's checking out I say, "Well, I think God knew what he was doing giving me a boy [at least for now] because we'd be BROKE as a joke with how much I love little girl clothes!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh...hiring out laundry would be a dream! I was pregnant 3 of 4 times over the summer and it was brutal but I love having the kids have fall birthdays. Glad you are feeling well...and don't stress too much about the blogging...the people who truly want to follow you totally get it when things get a little cray cray

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, I'm beyond jealous of your current laundry situation. I'm tempted to start asking our cleaning lady to do it for a little extra.....my husband may vote me off the island...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I confess I'm jealous that you have someone to help with your laundry! My husband and I were just talking about this because with only 3 of us and baby number 2 on the way it's already just out of control! How did you find her?!? We're also contemplating a cleaning lady. Try not to worry about the heat at the end of the summer. My first came on 10/2 so I was the whole summer and there's nothing like a good sundress and flip flops. You'll be fine :) ~Sierra Winks and Eyerolls

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel so bad complaining about the heat and having to be pregnant all summer long! It seems trivial in the grand scheme of things...BUT I truly feel like this summer is going to be the longest ever!!! Partly because of the heat and partly because I'm excited for baby Lucie to get here in late September!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your confessions! My oldest was born in November and the fall never came until then! It's so hot here and can't stand it and i'm not pregnant! Hang in there.
    Traci
    waltzmetoheaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these type of posts! I keep complaining about the heat too but I'm sure it is so much worse on you since you are pregnant! If only my husband would let me pay for someone to do my laundry...lucky lady! I'll be watching the Bruce Jenner special too, and it makes my husband cringe. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love confession posts!! I'm super jealous of your laundry hire! That would be amazing! And I'm pretty sure we would be broke if I had a baby girl... I love little girl clothes! You should share what you've got!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun post! And yay for someone folding your laundry perfectly, I'm sure that's a huge weight off your back. And how fun that you were able to keep things simple for Brody's b-day. I'm sure it was more enjoyable that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooo someone to do your laundry and fold it all pretty sounds wonderful! I'm horrible about letting my laundry hang out in the dryer for way too long, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woah you can pay someone to do your laundry?? I had no idea that was an option! I may need to look into this :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to know about this magical laundry service you speak of! I've debated the thought but didn't know it existed :) Would love to know how you found them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all of your confessions and would like to partake in some of them, most especially the laundry service and the toy building. That is freaking genius! The end of Summer pregnancy for a Fall babe is rough, BUT people treat you like royalty because it is so damn hot and Fall babies are so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved this! Happy birthday to Brody! You're almost there with this pregnancy, can't believe it! Where have you enjoyed shopping for baby M? Yay for girls!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hiring someone to take care of any of the tedious tasks around the house are well worth every penny in my book! I can't wait to see Brody's big boy room and that sweet nursery come together, I know they will be awesome! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete