5.14.2014

What I Wore {Turks & Caicos} + Mid Week Muse Link-Up


Let me preface this post by saying I am no selfie expert or fashionista.  These "mirror" selfies I snapped are terrible, but they are all I have :) I love to shop like any girl and love fashion, but I'm no trendsetter and consider my style mostly classic and coastal with a pop of color and a love for great accessories.  I've spent the last 10 months having way more fun dressing my son than myself; but now that I can finally fit back into my wardrobe since pregnancy (even some wedding outfits), I'm having a blast in my closet and doing a bit of shopping. 

I'm pretty proud of myself in the fact that I really shopped my own closet for 90% of the clothes that I packed for our vacation.  For those that know me really well, knows that shows massive will power on my part.  I did purchase a couple new bathing suits, both from Victoria's Secret, and one new dress and scarf.  The rest were clothes I already owned which actually made it a little tricky when I was trying to find links for all of you.  

I absolutely loved seeing all the resort wear on other people all week long and now that I'm home, all I want to do is buy pretty summer clothes!  I might have a post with some of those cute finds soon too...

Here's a collection of some of the resort wear I brought:
Resort Wear | Turks & Caicos


Resort Wear | Turks & Caicos by homeofmalones featuring a pink sheath dress

Neon Aztec Coverup // Lilly Infinity Scarf // Zinke Cover Up (old, similar) // Sari Hostess Dress  (old, similar) // Dotted Racerback (on sale) //   Tibi Shift Dress (old, similar) //   Annie Griffin Dress


Dotted Racerback (on sale) // Zinke Cover Up (old, similar) Columbia Straw Hat // Tibi Shift Dress (old, similar) with Lilly Infinity Scarf

I saw this cute coverup all over the blogs before I left and I forgot I purchased this too for the trip.  Honestly, it is very short...even for a cover-up.  But it's still really cute.  I just threw a pair of shorts on with it when we took a spin on the bikes a little later that afternoon.

J Crew Pom Pom Tunic

Here's a photo from our last night on vacation where I am wearing the dress that I wore to our first engagement party.  I love this dress and was happy to break it out again!  This is my favorite color blue.  Unfortunately, I could not find it in stock anywhere.  

Nicole Miller One Shoulder Dress // Blue Ombre Jcrew Necklace (old) // Gold Michael Kor Wedges

It has this fun little Kimono sleeve on the other side...


I didn't do a good job of shooting pictures of shoes, but mainly I brought a couple pairs of Tory Burch Sandals and the Michael Kor wedges seen above.  I know I didn't do a good job on swim suits either, but that was on purpose...no body needs to see pictures of me in bikinis :)  

This was fun.  I'll have to do it again some time.  I absolutely love packing for vacations and you can guarantee that I tried all these little numbers on in my closet before I left home and played with jewelry and shoes, etc.  I actually brought one other evening dress that I was planning on wearing, but got down there and had no bra solution.  I'm not sure how that happened because I tried it on before I left, but the stick-on nipple covers definitely did not work well with the fabric!!

Until next time....

Thanks to my girls Morgan and Annie for hosting the Mid-Week Muse link-up today and letting me share some fashion inspiration!!



Tell me, honestly...Did I do okay for my first selfies??  Have you ever taken any fashion selfies?  What are your tips?? They are no joke and quite uncomfortable to take.  I guess people get better with practice just like anything else! 

Also linking up with

8 comments:

  1. Love your resort wear looks! And, that blue Nicole Miller dress - I remember LOVING it when I saw it and wishing I had somewhere to wear it!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie you look so cute in everything! I'm really loving that Aztec beach cover-up though...so easy & breezy! Total win!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved that Milly dress for years! I also love that Zinke cover up- I almost bought the maxi dress in that print last summer and now I regret not buying it because I still love that print. Looks like you all had an awesome trip

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with the selfies :) And you looked great in everything! T&C is on my vacay bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mirror selfies are just so hard, but you did a great job!! Love all your vacation looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTIE!!! I think I need that Zinke cover up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hush up, you are gorgeous!! I love ALL of those dresses. You look especially amazing in the blue Nicole Miller one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Aztec cover up is lovely! You totally rocked your vacation looks!

    ReplyDelete