6.13.2013

38 Weeks





Date: 6/13/13
How far along? 38 Weeks
Baby Size? Watermelon ~baby is approx 6.5-7 lbs now according to What to Expect App
Total weight gain:  35 lbs
Maternity clothes? mostly work out clothes and sundresses now that I'm not working this week
Stretch marks? none on belly yet and hoping it stays that way.
Miss Anything? my pre-pregnant body...ready for this watermelon in my belly to be out of the way! 
Movement:  He must be getting longer and is starting to kick my ribs a bit and some movements being more painful.  I am definitely starting to be able to tell what movements are his feet, butt, etc.  
Food cravings: watermelon, ice cream
Symptoms:  acid indigestion - this has come in full force this week.  I had mexican food last night and that seemed to be a terrible idea.  The acid indigestion actually woke me up from my sleep.  so gross. 
Belly Button in or out? still an innie, but deformed
Wedding rings on or off? on for now but mainly because my fingers are swollen and now I cant get them off. yikes. I havent tried too hard.  I heard windex will actually do the trick. 
Sleep:  Sleep well with the Boppy body pillow, but it seems I will have one good night of sleep and then the next bad.. 
Best moment this week:  starting maternity leave! I made a pretty long list of things that needed to get done before the baby gets here and I have been knocking those out so far this week.  A lot of them are decisions that need to be made on the house that I really want to pick out and decide on before he comes so I don't get caught being rushed when Matt asks me what I picked out! 
Exercise:  Walking lots this week trying to get baby to drop!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  not really except the acid indigestion..
Gender Prediction: It's a  BOY
Labor Signs: feeling more braxton hicks this week.  Nothing consistent as far as contractions.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and anxious
Looking forward to: meeting this little boy!  Its funny that I've always considered myself a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of gal, but with this delivery, I want to plan it soooooo bad.  I hate not knowing when he's going to come and want to set a date so bad to be able to plan.  I know I need to just let it go.  But the thought of going 1-2 weeks after my due date sounds like complete torture.  It's amazing how often that happens! So I am trying to stay patient. 

Doctors Update: Went to the doctor on Tuesday for my 38 week appt.  I've dilated 1 cm and still 70% effaced.  A little progression...But hope to see more progression at my next appointment on Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment