8.26.2016

Blogger Spotlight | The College Prepster

It's been a few months since my last interview for the "Blogger Spotlight" series, but I'm excited to be back today with the well-known, Carly from The College Prepster.   I've always felt like Carly was a blogger before blogging really "existed."  She started a blog her freshman year of college (8 years ago) and has turned her passion of blogging from a hobby to a full-time career.  She is a NYC gal, southern-raised, who has recently moved to Connecticut.  She has the cutest style and loves to share a little bit about life, fashion, travel and everything in between on her blog.  

Here's a little interview to get to know her a little better...



1) You started College Prepster in College obviously. Did you start it on your own or was it an assignment for one of your classes?

I started it on my own because I was really not happy with my classes! While reluctantly studying for exams, one of my friends suggested that I start a blog as a creative outlet... and the rest is history.


2) What does it take to make a successful blog, in your opinion?

Defining success in the right way! If you start a blog for enjoyment, as long as you enjoy doing it you'll be successful! 


3) You just launched a new blog design. It looks amazing and I love how easy it is to navigate. What are your favorite changes you've seen from moving to WordPress? And how long did the new design process take??


It was a labor of love! It took just over six months from start to finish. I think the best part for me is finally having something that I'm really proud of. It feels like me! I love Blogger and would still recommend it for bloggers starting out (hello, it's free!), but there are more design things– like my slider– that Wordpress can handle.




4) You recently (a year ago) moved into your new apartment in Connecticut? How is the transition from moving out of the city? (ironically, you just posted about this today!





5) What are the biggest changes that you didn't expect when moving in with your boyfriend? Two good things and two bad :) example: My husband (then boyfriend) used to leave change all over the house and wired hangers hanging on door knobs everywhere and used to drive me crazy!! 

Good #1: We get to spend more "down time" together. As opposed to dating when you have to have an excuse for getting together (dinner, watching a movie, etc.), I love the little moments like quiet mornings or working side by side.


Good #2: We learned even more about each other and it works! It was a relief to know we could live with each other and have a great time!

Bad #1: I shed like crazy (#brunetteproblems) and my hair on the ground is always an issue. 

6} Do you have dreams of starting your own fashion line one day?

Nope! Managing inventory sounds like my nightmare.


7) What are the biggest lessons you've learned from starting your own business?

Hire people who know how to do things better than you!


8) You have started making YouTube videos and I love watching them!! How did you teach yourself how to make them and edit them? Does Garrett help you edit? 

Thanks! I've been doing all the editing! I've always edited little videos and just learn new stuff along the way as needed. 

9) How many times a day do you get asked when are you getting married and when do you want babies? :)

All. The. Time.



Signature
 photo blue-sig_zps535a57e5.png  photo blue-sig_zps535a57e5.png

2 comments:

  1. Love Carly! Her style is so great and her voice really comes across in her posts.
    -Kristen
    www.pugsandpearls.com

    ReplyDelete