7.20.2015

Scenes from Our Weekend

We enjoyed another HOT, but fun weekend at home enjoying time as a family and with our friends.  My childhood best friend has been in town all week from Australia and it has been so much fun having her home!! It never feels like enough time, but I loved being able to celebrate her all week!  She's getting married in May and I'm lucky enough to be her Matron of Honor.   We celebrated the beautiful couple on Friday night with a super fun engagement party.  


I wore this fun Mara Hoffman Swing Dress (non-maternity) for the party and got so many compliments.  The colors are so pretty and the dress is super comfortable.  It's so nice to find dresses that work now while pregnant plus I can still enjoy later!

The happy couple!

One of the guests brought these adorable Chinese Lanterns that they lit, made a wish, and sent off into the sky.  The whole party loved watching the lanterns float away.  It was so pretty and such a cute idea.  


Saturday morning we went to a birthday party at the park!  My friend did such a great job with the party with the cute "Very Hungry Caterpillar" theme.  Unfortunately, this pregnant Mama was melting after 45 minutes in the heat so we didn't last too long.  


Saturday evening we headed to a friends house for swimming and pizza.  It was such an enjoyable evening to hang in the pool and they made homemade pizzas on the grill.  The pizzas were so delicious.  Its the first time I've had pizza off the grill and now I'm hooked.  I can't wait to make some of our own.  I was also excited to get Brody in the pool with me and Matt.  He was in swim lessons all week last week and I wanted him to be able to show Matt what he learned.  Ya'll......he did SO GOOD.  I was so proud of him.  At the lessons, he cries because he's in the pool with a stranger.   But him in the pool with us, he was so comfortable, having a ball, and swimming like a little fish with no floaties.  It was crazy.  I wish I had taken a video.  I'll get one soon though.  We're still in lessons!

We are so guilty of being "holiday church-goers."  It's embarrassing, seriously.  We travel a lot and then have really been making a lousy effort of making it a priority.  We both decided it's time to change that.  We got ourselves up and out the door on Sunday and made it to church.  It was so nice and made us feel so good.  Hopefully we can keep it up.  How cute do my boys look in their Sunday bests???  



After church, we made a quick change and all headed out on the boat.  We met up with some friends, grabbed some lunch and then got hit by a little storm.  Luckily, my sweet friend Elizabeth that you saw in the engagement picture above, lived close by and we boated to her parents house to ride out the storm.  It was great to get one last visit in with them before they left today to head back to Australia!!!


It was a great weekend and now we're back to reality and back to our daily swim lessons in the sweltering heat! 

Linking up with Biana for Weekending

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun on the boat! So glad you got to visit with old friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks ADORABLE in his Sunday outfit. So handsome! And you look gorgeous, love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dress!! We are so bad about church too, I was just thinking that we need to try and go this weekend since it's been so long since we've been. Love Brody in his Sunday best.

    ReplyDelete