1.03.2014

Five on Friday : It's a New Year!


Happy New Year my friends!!  I'm excited for what 2014 has in store for me and my little family.  I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays and has had time to recover, re-group, and re-organize.  I know it's taken me a few days  week to do that.  My husband and I caught the crud over Christmas which was a real bummer, but the festivities didn't stop because of it.  We still had family to entertain, food to cook and our son's first Christmas to celebrate; so we drank some cough syrup and partied on...

I think I've finally caught back up and ready to enjoy the new year.  I'll start my first blog post of 2013 with the five on friday gals: DarciAprilChristina and Natasha.


{One}  

Our New Years Eve Celebration -  We had dinner out with friends at a local restaurant that was so yummy.  We had an amazing meal with wine pairing and continued the celebration out to the bars downtown.  I'm embarrassed to say that when I woke up on January 1st, my legs were so sore.  That's right.  We danced like fools and my legs felt like they had run a marathon.  In fact, they are still sore today.  That's embarrassing.  


{Two}

I've seen this floating around pinterest quite a bit and it really sums up all the things I hope to do more of in 2014.  I've never been one to keep new years resolutions, but it is always nice to use the new year as a clean slate and to start anew.  That is what I plan to do!


{Three}  

If you follow me on Instagram (@annieamalone and @homeofmalones), you may have seen this picture already.  We officially have a move-in date for the new house.  Next Friday!! I can't believe it. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.  


{Four}

Also on instagram, I plan to share a photo a day for 2014.  I started with this one of baby Brody.  Although I am certainly guilty of over-sharing baby photos, I also plan to share lots of pictures of the new house as we get organized and settled-in!  #photoadayin2014





{Five}

Cowboy Cavier - Who made black eyed peas for New Years Day??  If so, I'm sure you have some left over like me.   Here is the perfect recipe to use those left over peas to make a great appetizer for the weekend or to celebrate the big National Championship game on Monday night!! 



Cowboy Cavier

1 can white corn
1 can black beans
1 can black eyed peas
3-5 roma tomatoes
2 avocados
cilantro
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste!

Will you be watching the National Championship game??  I'm a Florida Gator, but my husband is a Florida State fan; so I'm going to be a good wife and allow him to put Florida State clothes on my son.... 

2 comments:

  1. Your newly built home is gorgeous! Can't wait for home tour posts =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is absolutely stunning!!!! And I am SUCH a fan of cowboy caviar...YUM!!!
    Cheers to the weekend, lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete