8.08.2013

Baby Brody : Week 6

Weight:  We went to the pediatrician at 5.5 weeks and he weighed in at 11 lbs 3 oz.  We were so pleased with his progress.  That means he had gained 4 lbs from his lowest weight  in less than 6 weeks.  That weight put him in the 50th percentile.  He was 22 3/4 inches long and is in the 75th percentile.  

Sleep:  Well we haven't slept through the night again since those two nights back when he was about 4 weeks old.  He is waking up just once a night between 2-3am and then wakes up for good around 7am.    He mostly goes right back to sleep after the middle of the night feeding, but he has had a couple of nights where he has been fussy when I put him back to bed and it takes him a little while to get back to sleep.  

Play:  He is loving his activity mat and started really reaching for some of the hanging toys.  It's super cute.  He stays entertained for 10-30 minutes or so.  I tried sticking him in his bumbo for the first time this week too because his neck strength has really improved. He did okay for a few minutes then started crying.  It was kind of funny.

Eat:  He's eating about 4-5 oz per feeding if I had to guess. That is how much I pump and give him when I feed him in a bottle.  I have been feeding him more on demand this week it seems and with company around, its just harder to stay on schedule.  We have been working on a schedule of eating every 3 hours, but sometimes its sooner than that. We try to stick to the schedule: eat, play, sleep and repeat.

We've had a fun week.  My mom got back in town on Sunday and we had people over for a seafood fry.  Matt caught some mullet and so we had to have an excuse to cook it.  On Saturday, we went over to Matt's aunts house and a bunch of his family was in town and so we got to introduce them to Brody. We put on his tank romper below and he was ready to hit the poolside with the rest of the family.


Matt's grandmother who is 91 years old got to hold Brody for the first time.  She had him in her arms and then her daughter came over to grab him out and she looked at her as seriously as can be and said, "No, get away.  I'm not going drop him."  It was so funny.  She loved snuggling with that baby and he loved her too!


Here he is hanging poolside in his diaper on Sunday for our fish fry.  He was just relaxing in this humid/hot weather we've had.



My Mom caught him making the sweetest smile the other day.  I could just eat this kid up, I swear.  He gets cuter by the minute!

Close up 

Those lips are seriously IRRESISTIBLE! 

The Bumbo session! haha

Postpartum:  It has been great having my Mom here this week so I can try and spend a little time in the gym.  I have been able to do my workout video at home twice this week and I've made it to the gym a few times to hit the elliptical.  I'm just doing 30 min on the elliptical right now, but it feels so good to get back into it.  We have tried going on walks with the baby, but it has just been too damn hot for him.   It doesn't seem to matter what time of day we take, it's still stifling.  So I'm still working off the baby fat and ready to get toned again.  I have about 12 lbs to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment