1.27.2016

Roasted Vegetable + Quinoa Bowl

I had a bunch of vegetables on hand that I needed to eat and wanted to roast in the oven.  I had enjoyed a recipe similar to this when I was in Aspen last December at a cute little restaurant and knew I wanted to try and re-create it.  After a quick google search, I was able to adapt a recipe to the ingredients that I had on hand.  

This makes for such a great meal, side dish or the perfect thing to have in your refrigerator for lunch on the go.  We  I enjoyed this as a side to some skinless, boneless chicken thighs we put on the grill and then I also ate on it all week long for lunch.  It's super simple and will really work with any winter vegetables you have on hand.  You can see what I used below, but also click on the Sprouted Kitchen link to see the other veggies that they used! 




ROASTED VEGETABLE + QUINOA BOWL 

1 head of broccoli
1 small onion, yellow
1 small butternut squash
1 bell pepper ( I used red and yellow)
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3/4 tsp. sea salt
fresh ground pepper

1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained 
1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, to taste

Preheat the oven to 400'. Prepare all your vegetables and collect them on a large baking tray. Drizzle the olive oil, salt, a few pinches of pepper. Toss to coat well and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Dividing into two sheets if it looks over crowded. Bake in the upper third of the oven for twenty minutes or until browned.

While the vegetables roast, cook the quinoa. Put the quinoa in sauce pan with a little olive oil and toast for a few minutes.  Pour broth in the pot and bring it up to a gentle boil, down to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Once it is room temperature, drizzle in the olive oil, red wine vinegar and a hearty pinch of salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer to your serving bowl. Top with the roasted vegetables, pine nuts, and feta cheese.

I kept the feta and olive oil and red wine vinegar on the side, so that I could store the leftovers in the refrigerator for a few days.

I hope you enjoy :)

Link up with Natalie and I below for another Thoughts for Thursday!



 photo blue-sig_zps535a57e5.png  photo blue-sig_zps535a57e5.png

7 comments:

  1. I love recipes like this that can be easily adapted based on what you have on hand! Not to mention, roasted veggies are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this sounds so good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy everything you put in this dish. Quinoa is a staple around here. Thanks for sharing with us and hosting another week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son loves quinoa and he would totally gobble this up!

    xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the combination of veggies in this. I definitely want to try this as a side, or even a full meal if I added some chopped chicken or something right into it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That seriously looks so good and feta makes everything taste that much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Confession time. I've never had quinoa. I know! This recipe sounds delicious, though, and it makes me want to try it!

    ReplyDelete