8.04.2014

Scenes from our Weekend | William's Baptism

To say I'm exhausted might be an understatement today...we had a jam packed weekend to say the least.

It was a weekend filled with lots of family, food, and fun with the cousins!! My nephew, William, was baptized this weekend so we had all of my family in town plus all of my SIL's family.   The cousin's had so much fun playing together and it just gets cuter and cuter to watch them interact.  

Friday night we had the entire group over to our house for dinner.  It was great to have everyone together and we kept dinner really simple and celebrated my SIL's brother's birthday with ice cream cake and then a night out on the town.  


We bar hopped downtown from our house to World of Beer and Old Hickory Whiskey Bar.  

Saturday I seemed to be a tad bit sluggish, but we managed to pull it together and go meet family out at the beach for a little bit.  It was so much fun to watch Brody at the beach this time because he finally seemed to be comfortable with the sand and not too intimidated by the Gulf.  



We had to wrap up at the beach a little early and head to Brody's girlfriends first birthday party.  These two are so cute together and have been BFF's since they were born, so of course I have to call her his girlfriend.  They put on a show for all the adults as they played and Brody teased us all by acting like he was going to kiss her about 8 times.  


Again, having to leave the party a little early because we completely overbooked ourselves for the weekend; we wrapped up at the party to quickly go home and change for an American Cancer Society Charity Ball.  It's a western themed ball called Cattle Baron's Ball and I was thrilled to throw on an easy dress and boots rather than a formal gown.


The decorations were fantastic and the five open bars, sit down dinner, and jamming band weren't too bad either.  


Sunday was time for Baptism number 3 of the summer.  We had my nephew's in Miami in June, then Brody's and now William's.  He was a pro through the whole ceremony.  I love this photo of my Mom with all of us siblings and our children!  Such a special day.  




My brother and SIL put together the most perfect lunch party after church at my Mom's house and the kids got to play in the pool and on the swing.  This was Brody by the end of the afternoon....


It's weekends like this that make me appreciate family so much!! It's always wonderful to have everyone together and something fun to celebrate :)

If you follow me on Instagram {@homeofmalones}, you may have seen that I was guest posting for the weekend at a new account called @TheBloggerCloset.  Amanda just came up with the idea this week as a way for bloggers to share their OOTD's.  It's such a cute idea and I was honored to be the first guest to take over.  It was a great weekend for it because I felt like I had about 50 different outfit changes!  Follow along with us and sign up to take over the account yourself sometime too!!


Linking up with Biana for Weekending
 Still Being Molly for Funday Monday
Mingle Monday with Meg
Lisa and Bella for Weekend Recap

Signature
 photo blue-sig_zps535a57e5.png 
 photo blue-sig_zps535a57e5.png

24 comments:

  1. Lady that is one busy weekend!! I hope you rest up this week and make no plans for next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great weekend!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy, fun weekend! I love seeing all of your outfits on the blogger closet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy jam packed weekend - I'm exhausted just seeing all you did!! I love what you wore to the baptism - you looked beautiful!! That photo of Brody on the beach - LOVE it!! He's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with biana - brody on the beach is so cute! what a little heartbreaker :) so glad you were the one to post; thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh those pictures at the beach - cutest thing EVER. i love all of your outfits, those shorts are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BUSY weekend!!! I was dying at that picture of Brody asleep in the swing when you posted it on IG! That's so sweet! Loved you taking over the Blogger Closet too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the perfect person for Blogger Closet! You always wear the cutest clothes! Brody looks like a natural beach baby! Just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are going to need a caffeine drip today!!! Holy cow, you guys had quite the weekend!!!! Brody is just too cute for words!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh girl, I can imagine you're exhausted. What a fun weekend with family though! Loved following you along this weekend on the blogger closet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun filled and busy weekend! Sounds like you had a great time! Love all your outfit posts and very excited for thebloggercloset on IG! Keep the coffee flowing today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm tired just reading about your weekend! Whew it was nonstop!! Love all of the family time, though and the Cattle Ball sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Lilly dress!! Looked like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! What a busy weekend (although I kind of think it sounds pretty similar to all your weekends)! You must run on caffeine!! Love the family pic at the baptism! Have a relaxing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stopping by from the linkup! You sure did have a jammed packed weekend! But it looked so fun! I always love putting on a simple dress and boots rather than a formal! Love that blue/violet color dress too! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gah Brody is just the cutest. Fun weekend - but I'm sure you are tired!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun, busy weekend! I'd be tired too! I love that you have all of that family nearby and get to spend time with them. And your outfits are so cute! Your son is adorable...seriously, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, wow you squeezed in a lot. Love the pic of the whole family at the baptism.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girlfriend, you did a tonnnn this weekend!!! You're amazing! And I'm not going to lie, I'm loving your outfit in every single picture!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness! I'm out of breath just READING your blog post! What a fun family/friend filled weekend! Of course you looked amazing through it all! Love all your outfits! Xoxoxo so hope you can rest a little this week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a crazy busy weekend but oh so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your blog post makes me need a nap, lady! What a great weekend though! And I love your Lilly dress! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. The best kind of busy - fun times with family! Hope you can get some rest this week after all that fun though! -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jam packed weekend for sure! It's so nice that Brody's cousins are so close in age! That American Cancer Society benefit looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete