3.31.2016

Madelyn Faye | Month 6


6 Months as of March 14th, 2016

Weight:  
17 lbs

Clothes:
Size 3 diapers
6 to 9 months mostly and I can put you in some 12 month bubbles already

Sleep:  
You were bad at this for almost the whole month.  All I can say is that you have been such an on and off night time sleeper for the past 3 months.  This month was a combination of teething and an erratic schedule due to us being out of town and Brody in the hospital.  We also quit swaddling you and took the life nest out of your crib towards the end of the month.  It's mostly a blur to me at this point, but you were waking up a minimum of one time a night.  The crazy part was that sometimes it would be at 11pm, the next night it might be at 2am and the next night 4am.  You weren't consistent at all.  You were pretty much driving me bonkers because I knew a 6 month old should be sleeping through the night. Finally about a week after you turned 6 months, you are back to consistently sleeping through the night.

Schedule:
If I were to say there was a schedule, it would probably go something like this...
7:30am wake up & bottle
9:30 nap (45-60 min)
11 am bottle
1130am catnap (sometimes)
2pm bottle
230pm nap
4:30pm bottle
6:30 bath
7pm bottle & bed

That was probably more what we aimed for then more what actually happened.  The only thing that I know stayed consistent was your bath and bedtime.

Health:
You got over your RSV right around 5 months, but did have a runny nose some this month.  Otherwise, you were mostly healthy thankfully.

Crying:  
You definitely picked up on all the commotion from this month and the fact that I was tense.  
You are such a Mama's girl and cry when I walk out of the room.  You hate to be hungry and you seem to get bored pretty quickly with the few things that entertain you around the house.  So I try to keep you moving. 

Feeding:  
You have been my spit-up baby from the very beginning, so the doctor recommended that I feed you fewer ounces more often during the day.  That does seem to help.  You usually get 5 bottles a day with about 6 ounces each.  There were a couple weeks this month where your appetite really seemed to have shrunk and you were only eating about 4 ounces at each feeding.  I kept worrying that you were going to get sick because the only other time you've done that was when you had RSV. You may have just been trying to adjust to your all formula diet because I stopped breastfeeding at about 5.5 months.  You are on the Gerber Gentle formula now.  You don't take the bottle all that well from other people and seem to prefer your Mama be the one to give it to you. 

Likes:  
Being entertained constantly!
Watching big brother
Long walks
Bath time

Dislikes: 
Getting out of the bath tub
Being hungry
Mama leaving the room

Milestones:  
Rolling back to stomach- you roll everywhere
Started to sit up (still very wobbly)
Laughing so hard
Rising on your forearms like you want to crawl

Places You’ve Gone:
We took you to Destin for Daddy's birthday weekend (2/26/16)

Visitors:
Your cousin Kayla came to see you and help babysit while Mom and Dad were in California

Postpartum:
This month was a tough one on me.  It seems far away now, but I was a mess.  This post pretty much summed it all up.  The lack of sleep was killing me.  I'm such a better person right now (you're almost 6.5months) that you're sleeping through the night and I am too.  I can function during the day and I'm so much happier.  So much of it is a mindset, I think.  You really just expect to be woken up at night the first couple months after your baby is born, so you're prepared.  I was not prepared for my 5 month old to be waking me up once or twice a night.  I was frustrated with her and myself.  I knew I was a good sleep trainer, but things were not working right with her.  Finally, I figured it out; and we are both happier people.  And I will dedicate a whole post to that one day soon :)

Month One | Month Two (missed) | Month Three | Month Four and Five


Grab a button and link up with Natalie and I for Thoughts for Thursday.  You can share anything!


Signature
 photo blue-sig_zps535a57e5.png  photo blue-sig_zps535a57e5.png

23 comments:

  1. Aww what a little cutie!!! I find it fascinating how every child can be so different!! It must be so cool when your baby learns to laugh...that lil sound must melt your heart!! =)

    Have a great day! Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is precious!! Hooray for sleeping through the night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby girl is getting so big. She looks just like her brother. It seems like yesterday when you posted her newborn pictures. Thanks for hosting and keeping this party going through baby #2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is so cute and I love how you do post journals on her monthly. Such a great way to capture these moments. ~Lowanda of Sunshine and Elephants

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is so adorable! Happy six months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 6 months!! And my daughter's middle name is Faye too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so adorable! I've heard that even babies from the same mama can have totally different sleep patterns and personalities. Cam went through a bit of a sleep regression around 6 mos I remember bc of teething. Ugh! Teething is the worst! Glad things are better for you now and that you're getting sleep! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you are feeling better and that you guys are falling into a groove. Your babies are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is just TOO cute!! I love your recaps and they will be fun for you to look back on, especially when you get through the tough baby stages and forget how hard some months were. :)

    I nursed my daughter and she didn't sleep through the night really until I weaned her at 17 months. I am PRAYING that Baby #2 is different and likes to sleep or I really may go nuts. With one it was OK to sleep when the baby slept during the day but I won't be able to do that this time around. Ugh.

    www.hautemommyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 6 Months! So sweet! I remember those days of random waking up, you think, you were JUST sleeping through the night, you can do this! I was going to do a post about sleep training, perhaps we could do a collaboration and post on the same day?

    ReplyDelete
  11. she is THE cutest!!! i cant believe she is already six months old. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet girl! So glad she is sleeping again, for her sake AND for yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet lil' peanut! Happy 6 months, baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet!! Do I ever feel you on the sleeping. We went through the same thing this past month and it about did me In!! My friends call me the sleep nazi... So having a babe that wasn't sleeping or napping was so frustrating!! Thankfully I think we've turned a corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you sleep train once they start standing in the crib?! My 8 month old is still waking up twice a night and I've been rocking him back to sleep each time.

      Delete
  15. I can't believe she's 6 months old already! What a sweetheart! I'm so glad you finally got the sleep thing figured out. I'm a much happier mama when I get my sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My Henry is the same age as Madelaine. He has only slept through the night once. Ever. He is super inconsistent. We have tried multiple sleep training methods and they seem to make things worse. A post about sleep training would be amazing!! I work full time too and I am so exhausted I feel crazy. Would love to hear how you got her back on track (and what he bed is like. Anything that could help!!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oops! I just realized I spelled her name wrong. So sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She's just so cute! Glad to hear the sleep schedule is back on track and your feeling better as well! I'm the same way about sleep. If I don't get enough I'm a crab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. HOW do you "sleep train"!? My 8 month old wakes up about twice a night still (like clockwork at 5ish am) and I rock him back to sleep because he keeps standing up and I don't want him to fall and hurt himself (He's done this before).

    ReplyDelete
  20. HOW do you "sleep train"!? My 8 month old wakes up about twice a night still (like clockwork at 5ish am) and I rock him back to sleep because he keeps standing up and I don't want him to fall and hurt himself (He's done this before).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say the trick is not to take him out of the crib and rock him. It can be so hard especially when they are older, standing, and reaching their arms out to you. But since he has made a habit out of waking up at 5am, you have to help him break it. Try to make yourself not go in his room for at least 3 days in a row at 5am when he wakes. He's going to fuss and its going to be really hard to listen too, but he will break the habit. It can take up to 5 days, but I think 3 days will probably do the trick. Just remember, no feeding and no picking him up!!! Let me know how it goes. Good luck and remember, you CAN do it!!

      Delete