5.11.2016

Scenes from Our Weekend | Mother's Day

Last week was so wonderful, I truly felt like I kicked off summertime already!! The weather was absolutely perfect with out being too hot or humid and me and the kids spent four days straight at the beach with out being on vacation!!!

Thursday me and the kids headed to the beach with our friends and I'm so glad we did.  It was the perfect trial run of what it is like to go solo with both kids to the beach.  The lesson learned was PACK LESS!! 

How adorable is this little chubby flower on the beach??


Thursday night was Cinco De Mayo and I was able to sneak away with my bestie who is getting married next week and do a little drink tasting with her! I got to wear my new Mara Swing dress that I love.  The colors are so fun and they also make it in my favorite royal blue too! 


Friday was such a fun day because I loaded up the kids in the car that morning and we drove about two hours to Rosemary Beach for the day.  We had a very special friend that was there visiting and we knew we couldn't miss the opportunity to go see her when she was this close!


Yay!  Natalie and I got to meet up on the beach with the kiddos and it couldn't have been more fun.  I felt like I had known her forever (as well as the rest of her family who was there too) and our boys were instant besties.  Her entire family was so welcoming and Natalie is exactly as cute and sweet as you would imagine from her blog.  Now I only wish we lived this close all the time!! 


Saturday we had a Kentucky Derby party that our friends have been throwing for like five or six years now.  It's always a blast and a great excuse to get dressed up and day drink!  My dress is an old one from J. Crew that I pulled from the closet because I was digging the yellow that day :)



We snuggled up with the kids when we got home and had a relaxing night before Mother's Day Sunday. 


Sunday we had breakfast at home and then spent the whole day at the beach.  It was gorgeous and the kids did great.  I loved being outside with them and I think they prefer being outside too.  It was a perfectly relaxing way to spend the day and end the weekend! 


I wore my new Marysia Mott swim top that I adore.  The halter top is so nice for my larger chest when chasing kids around the beach :)


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too!! I'm sorry I've been so late on these weekend recap posts.  I can't seem to get my act together to blog on Sunday nights anymore and then Monday's end up being crazy hectic.  Such as life...

8 comments:

  1. Super jealous super jealous of all your beach time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seriously looks like the best weekend - so many things all in a few days. I'm so jealous of all your beach time and such fun that you got to meet up with Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great that you came to see us!! Your children are so precious and I know Nat loved having you there!! See you there next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love so much that you girls and your babes got meet and spend time together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Living vicariously through all of your beach weather! How fun to meet up with Natalie! Isn't it amazing how you can meet other bloggers in real life and feel like you've known them forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun beach pictures. Heading there this weekend too without kids - girls weekend! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing few days!!! The beach looks and sounds amazing and I love the Derby Party! Glad you had a great Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness that first picture - I die! Adorable!!! I love all these fun hats your sporting! Such fun!

    ReplyDelete