5.09.2016

My 5 Favorite Design Resources | The Pink Door Blog Hop

Today rounds up the last day of our month long Pink Door Blog Hop.  I've had so much fun hopping around to these girls blogs {AnnieAmanda and Marquis} the last few weeks and getting a peek into their beautiful homes.  I always love viewing home tours and then reading how and where others find their inspiration.  You can see previous post from the blog hop here, here and here.  Now I'm going to share with you where I start looking when I have the itch to start decorating! 


:: ONE :: 
Thankfully Pinterest was peaking about the time we started building our house about three years ago. I couldn't get enough of Pinterest.  I had a separate board for each room of the house and then one for categories like lighting and exterior.  Pinterest can definitely can get you in trouble with all the wonderful things you see, but I think it also can help you find what your eye is drawn to quickly as well!

:: TWO :: 
I loved looking through the beautiful photos on houzz.  I remember loving the pictures so much, but sometimes having trouble finding where things came from.  I liked this site too because you get more direct photos of what you are searching for.  Sometimes Pinterest may include things that aren't relevant to your search.

:: THREE :: 
BLOGS
I loved scouring lots of blogs when I was building and decorating our house. You can find great inspiration from other bloggers plus some great resources for places to shop and tricks for decorating! These are some of my favorites:

:: FOUR ::
INSTAGRAM
There is so much inspiration on Instagram.  Instagram is great too because people are pretty good at tagging where items are from or you can always ask in a comment!  I love @Kristywicks, @Urbangraceinteriors, @Hunted_Interior, @rachparcell and @elementstyle. 

:: FIVE ::
SHOPPING
It's always helpful to get inspiration by just shopping!! Some of my favorites are online and we also have some wonderful local shops that I love to browse as well.  Potterybarn, Ballard Designs and Crate and Barrel are always some of my favorite large retailers.  I love Home Goods and Target and so happy to find accessories at online stores like Design Darling, Shop Establishment, and Furbish Studio.    

I hope these helped and I know I missed a few.  Where do you love to find inspiration?  

We sure appreciate all of you participating in the Pink Door blog hop this past month.  We want to end it with an opportunity to win $100 gift card to one of our favorite online retailers, Design Darling.  I know you can find something amazing to make you smile all summer long.  

Enter the giveaway below and don't forget you can also get 15% off your purchase using code PINKDOOR from now until May 31st!  
 



Signature
 photo blue-sig_zps535a57e5.png  photo blue-sig_zps535a57e5.png

1 comment:

  1. Honey We're Home and iHeart Organizing are two of my favorites, too!

    ReplyDelete