8.07.2014

Thoughts for Thursday

+ We made it to Vail! 
+ I survived my first commercial flight with child and so did my child. 
+ if you follow @homeofmalones on Instagram, you saw we were severely delayed and stuck on the plane. 


+ it's so late and I definitely have more thoughts but for now I need to go to bed. I will come back sometime today and add more.

+ Okay, I'm here again!  Yesterday was a long day but we made it to the house around 11:30pm which was 12:30pm our time.  

+ Brody was awake the whole flight from Pensacola to Dallas, but really did well.  Mostly watched Mickey Mouse, ate some snacks and occasionally got a little antsy and wanted to stand on the floor. 


+ I would say that the hardest part was the layover in Dallas.  We had about a 2.5 hour layover in Dallas and really all he wanted to do was run around the airport like a wild banshee. He didn't want to be strapped in or sit and be entertained by anything.  He wanted to run and explore.  This is what I'm most worried about when traveling back with him by myself.  

+ This is pretty much what he looked like when you tried to hold him in the airports...


+ It was almost easier being in the confined space of the plane.  Shockingly, I was thankful that our 3 hour delay in Dallas was actually on the plane and not in the terminal.  It was hard.  Don't get me wrong.  But, we were in first class which helped a lot because we literally had the space to sit him on the floor by our feet and let him eat his snacks and watch the iPad without all the commotion and lights in the airplane.  


+ Amanda talked about this Parental Mode on the iPhones last week for TFT and it completely changed my life on the plane while Brody was watching Mickey on the iPad.  Brody loves to touch the screen and it would always turn off the movie; but with the parental mode, they can touch it all they want and it won't go anywhere!!

+ It was amazing to me to see how many babies were all over the airports.  I guess it's like once your pregnant or thinking about getting pregnant you start noticing pregnant women everywhere.  Well that's how it was in the airport.  There were so many children on our flight from Dallas to Vail that it was crazy.  I felt so terrible for the families traveling with multiple kids and stuck on that plane for what ended up being about 5 hours including the flight.



+ The babies do well once the plane is in the air.  About 60 seconds after the plane took off, Brody was sound asleep for the duration of the flight into Vail.  That was a lifesaver :)

+  We're here now and Brody slept great last night and we woke up this morning to cool temperatures and took an hour walk through the trails to take in some of this beautiful fresh air!  

+ I'm so thankful to be here with him and enjoy this time with my Mama!! It's not often we get mother-daughter time anymore and can't believe we're getting an entire week of it!  Her house is gorgeous (this is my first time seeing it) and I hope to share lots of pictures with all of you!!

+ Thanks for linking up and sorry that I feel like every post this week has been all about flying with a baby.  I'm not traumatized and I promise to move forward!  Haha.  

We are so happy to introduce our guest hosts this week too!! Be sure to stop by and say Hi to them...

 Ally @ Life as I Know It                  Emily @ All You Need Is Love

Grab the button below and link up to Annie and Natalie  on your Thoughts for Thursday post.  
Use #thoughtsforthursdays on Instagram and tag us @homeofmalones and @eastcoastnat.
Link up starts at 6am EST. 

Follow us on Bloglovin' too:

Thoughts for Thursday

22 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it safely! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay that you guys made it and he did so well!! I never thought anything else would happen!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it! Hope y'all have a great trip! Thanks for having me guest co host!
    Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You made it! Home you have a great time in Vail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear that you made it there safely - I can't believe how long you guys were on the jet way for...but at least that is over!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing vacation now, and all the bumps in the road are behind you! Have fun! -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you made it!! YAY Mama, and Brody!! Have the BEST time!! So excited to co-host today!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have the BEST time! and those pants on your little one -- the CUTEST! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!! Glad you got there safely and that you survived! So happy the parental mode worked!! Have fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay to the flight! (as we all exhale) haha way to go! Glad you arrived safely! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you made it! Have so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. your son is so adorable. i love all of his pictures & those cute little pants! glad the travels went decently well & you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad the flight was pretty painless! B's little printed pants are too cute

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm scared to death to fly with my little girl, but it looks like you had a good experience. It's good to know that those are out there! :) We have the same iPad holder, and it is genius. It's such a lifesaver. Thanks for hosting your fabulous linkup! Have a great week with your baby and your mama!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay you made it! And you are so right about noticing babies everywhere when you're thinking about having a baby! I swear it's all I see and think about! Haha! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you guys made it! Plane delays are NEVER fun and I just can't imagine having to entertain a child through one.. yikes!! Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way to go!! I'm not sure I would have survived that delay with Miller! Enjoy vail and your time with your Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you made it! Enjoy your time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Annie- Glad you made it though! I hate delays! Especially with a tired child!! Have a great trip!
    xoShannon
    www.onestylishmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you had a safe flight. Enjoy your time with your Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cheers to Brody's first flight! Have a wonderful time in Vail!

    ReplyDelete