9.29.2014

Scenes from our Weekend

I was supposed to go out of town this weekend (missed seeing you Mere!), but I ended up staying at home and had a nice relaxing weekend.  Matt was out of town for work on Friday and Sunday evening which left me and the Brodster to our own devices.  

Friday afternoon we headed over to my bro and SIL's house to catch up with them and some friends of ours that were in town from Jacksonville.  They have two kids (ages 4 and 2) and then we had Brody (15 months) and my nephew William (5 months).  I felt like I just kept looking around the room thinking, "wow, a lot has changed!"  We went to high school together and some of college and it was comical to see us all with these kids.  Apparently things were so hectic (or I was just enjoying being in the moment) that I didn't capture ANY pictures from the night.  We grilled out hamburgers, took a boat cruise on the pontoon and caught up on old times!

Aren't they the cutest??  Loved seeing you guys, Kimmie :)

Saturday was a little overcast, but it was perfect weather to go walk downtown to the Seafood festival.  Bryan and Erin came over with my sweet nephew and I had a little photo shoot with him and Brody before we headed out the door.

My precious nephew! He wears all of Brody's old clothes and it makes me so happy and nostalgic.  I love him.

They were pretty cute together, but honestly, these photos make them look cuter playing together than they really were.  Brody is like a bulldozer most of the time and can usually care less about paying any attention to sweet baby William.


But doesn't it look like Brody is trying to teach him how to stack the blocks and William acts totally interested???


After the seafood festival, we came back to the house for football in the man cave.  We ate some Mexican and played with the kids while the men watched football, mostly.  

Here's a quick and easy enchilada recipe:

Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients
3 C shredded rotisserie chicken
3 C shredded cheddar cheese or a combination of cheddar and jack cheese
2-3 C enchilada sauce (canned or homemade)
1 can chopped green chiles, drained
1 cup sour cream
1/3 C chopped fresh cilantro
12 soft corn tortillas

Instructions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine the chicken with 2 cups of the cheese and 1 cup of the enchilada sauce, chilies and cilantro.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Soften the tortillas in the microwave by placing them on a paper towel covered plate and then plastic wrap on top.
Microwave on high for 1 - 1/2 minutes, depending on how many tortillas you are softening at once.
Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
Fill each tortilla with about 1/4-1/3 cup of chicken mixture and roll up, placing seam side down into the pan.
Mix 1 cup enchilada sauce with 1 cup sour cream
Pour enchilada and sour cream mixture over the enchiladas and sprinkle the remaining cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Remove foil and bake for about 5 minutes more or until cheese is bubbly and begins to brown. May serve with additional sauce if desired.
Sprinkle with cilantro to garnish.



Sunday rained and rained all day long!! We were supposed to take the kids to the pumpkin patch and I was dying to get some mums for our front and back porch, but that didn't happen!!  Instead, I was lazy with my little buddy all day and after we both were a bit stir crazy and the rain subsided; we went outside to play a bit and I tried to practice my camera skillz.  I read Sara's series on Photography for Mom's and tried to pick up a few pointers.  I'm officially determined to learn my camera!  Here are a couple shots:

I honestly don't notice much difference yet from automatic mode.  I'm starting by trying to learn and shoot in Aperture Priority mode.


Have a great week!!

Linking up with Biana and Meghan for Weekending
 Still Being Molly for Funday Monday
Mingle Monday with Meg

Signature
 photo blue-sig_zps535a57e5.png  photo blue-sig_zps535a57e5.png

16 comments:

  1. yummm those chicken enchiladas look amazing! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little Brody is the cutest! Looks like you had a great weekend! Those enchiladas look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are so cute & those enchiladas look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love all the baby pictures - they are just so darn cute!! Recently we started buying rotisserie chicken and I've been looking for recipes to use with it -those enchilada's are perfect!! Hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures! And I love Enchilladas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Israeli cous cous - that caprese recipe looks awesome! It rained all weekend here too so we didn't get as much outside time as we liked but it was pretty nice to relax on the couch and watch football. Brody is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love his hair...such a little cutie! And I feel exactly the same way when we all get together anymore and it's all kiddo talk over partying like we used to. But I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Seafood festival sounds like fun and love the crab shirt. Your food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those chicken enchiladas look amazing, and how cute are those photos of them playing, even if they weren't playing very nice in real life? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cous cous...,yum!!! Glad you were able to enjoy a somewhat chill weekend at home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm drooling over your food, I just pinned the enchiladas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute photos of the kids! The enchiladas look amazing. Pinning this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one cute kiddo! Love the recipes and looks like the perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A Seafood Festival sounds like my kind of thing!! I can only imagine how good the food was! Sounds like it was a fun weekend, love those pictures of Brody and William :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to try that enchilada recipe! Brody is so adorable!! You totally inspired me with the camera so I am researching new lenses to buy and downloaded the Momtog manual to read! I highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete