8.03.2013

Nursery Tour at Grandma Holly's

One of the most fun things to do when you get pregnant is to start dreaming up what you want the nursery to look like.  Some women probably started thinking and looking at nursery ideas before they were even pregnant.  I know I did.  Once we found out back in March that we were moving to my moms house for a few months, I was so sad that I wasn't going to be able to "nest" and put a nursery together for the little man.  I wanted a place to sit and organize all his little things that we were receiving from our showers and I wanted to hang his adorable tiny clothes and all those exciting things that come with having a baby.  

In the end, it all ended up working out great.  My mom had already decided she wanted to put a crib in her house to stay there and so we ended up going ahead and making a whole bedroom into the "grandma nursery" that will stay after we leave.  My mom knows there will be more grand babies coming after ours and it would be nice to have a room that will be good for babies and toddlers through the years.  

So we moved out the queen bed that was in the room and put this day bed from Potterybarn in there.  This has been sooo nice to have in the room.  When I go in for middle of the night feedings, its been great to have a bed to lay on and be comfortable while feeding.   We purchased a changing table from a local baby store and the crib is a Jenny Lind crib from amazon.  The rocking chair you see is actually the same rocking chair my Mom used to rock all of us when we were babies.  I love that.  It works perfect in the room.  

My mom found this fabric at a fabric store that she really liked and was really neutral.  We decided to have pillows made for the daybed and a cover for the rocking chair and changing pad.  I think it turned out really cute.  Everything on the walls were already there from the previous bedroom and we just kept them up.  The side tables were already there too and they work great in the room also.






I always love the closet!




I am still looking forward to making a nursery for him at our new house, but am so thankful that I was able to have this room for him.  We have really used it more than I thought already since deciding to start having him sleep in his crib at 4 weeks.  

I still love the photos that I posted as nursery inspiration back in February and I also still love most of what I put together for the nursery design board.  I also found this picture via pinterest that I love.  That rug is Jonathan Adler and I'm pretty sure I must purchase it.  The bedding in this photo is Serena & Lilly which I already own in that same color.  I can't wait to start decorating!! 



2 comments:

  1. That nursery is great! Love the baskets on the changing table and the fluffy rug!

    xx
    Megan
    Instagram: megawat
    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan..The wire baskets are from Crate and Barrel and the brown ones are from Target.

    ReplyDelete