6.30.2014

Scenes from our Weekend | Birthday + Baptism

I'm recovering from the weekend as I write this because I think we crammed as much into one weekend as you possibly can.  Thankfully it wasn't too much that we weren't able to enjoy any of it.  Instead, we enjoyed every minute of the weekend and had such a blast celebrating our little man all weekend long.  

We started with his actual birthdate on Friday morning when he turned ONE!! I snuck into his room and dumped a big bag of balloons in his bed and he wasn't sure what to think...He popped up and smiled and then grabbed at the balloons for a bit and was ready to get out! 


We headed downstairs for his breakfast celebration with his first doughnut and candles.  Matt and I sang happy birthday to him and he was so precious sitting in his highchair.  Look at those hands folded together...#melting






Daddy picked out his birthday gifts for him and he was so excited about them both that he wasn't sure which one to play with...



I spent most of the day Friday decorating for the birthday party, but we invited our family to come over Friday evening around 5 to celebrate with pizza and cake and Brody opened his gifts from the family.  



We called it an early night Friday so we would be ready for the big day on Saturday.  I knew 11am was going to come really quickly Saturday morning.  Here's a few pictures from the party on Saturday and I promise to share tons more later this week with all the details!!  The party was an absolute success and I can't believe what a trooper baby Brody was through the whole weekend. 


Family photo opp in the Photo Booth!










My sweet friend Tiffany is amazing on the monogram machine and she made these adorable matching outfits for Brody and her son, Baylor.  They are 6 months apart and so cute together. 

Brody was excited when he saw all the gifts he got to open after the party was over!!

We recovered from the party Saturday evening just to go to sleep and get up Sunday for Brody's Baptism.  We were so late getting our sweet baby Baptized as he was a year old, but we finally decided to do it on his birthday weekend since our family would already be in town.  It really worked out fun.  






After church, we headed to the Country Club for a family brunch.  It was perfect.  




I think this kid ate up every second of being in the spotlight.  He did a great job during the baptism and he didn't even cry at his birthday party when we were all staring at him while singing Happy Birthday!!!  

I can't wait to share the rest of the party details with you guys, so stay tuned!!!

Linking up with Biana
Mingle Monday with Meg
Lisa and Bella for Weekend Recap

20 comments:

  1. You did such a wonderful job planning the party and everything came together beautifully! I spy some gator colors in the theme of the party!! :) I love both of your outfits especially the Baptism outfit! I love that you dumped balloons into his crib, I can only imagine how excited he was haha!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is too adorable, happy birthday Brody! What a fun weekend, and I love the balloons in the crib! ;)

    God bless,
    Xo, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looked amazing! I adored the birthday donut idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A first birthday party and a baptism?! That's so fun! He must be partied out!!! That green dress is so pretty and colorful... Perfect. Your family is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my heavens I just adore these family pics and LOVE that pineapple print top or dress you are wearing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a really special weekend for your family! Congrats on two big milestones in one weekend! Can't wait to see more pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute are all of the details and those balloons in the crib are a great idea! He's one precious boy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a crazy busy and super fun weekend!! Love all the pictures. Brody is precious! You are one amazing mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is simply adorable!! I love all his little outfits! Looks like he had a fabulous 1st birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great weekend!! your son is just adorable and congrats on his 1 bday and baptism!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a gorgeous party -- and a gorgeous weekend! He is such a cutie, and I love your neon shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You dress him so precious! Love his outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pictures ares so adorable!!! great job with the pictures and can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, what a weekend you guys had! Brody looks like he had an absolute blast and huge props to you mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHAT a fun, exciting, memorable weekend...one for the books! So much joy!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute happy boy and gorgeous party! I think it was smart to combine the two although I bet you are pooped!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe you had his birthday party and baptism in the same weekend!! You are a rock star!! The party turned out so, so, so cute!! I love all the little details. Did Brody like the smash cake? I still cannot believe our boys are one!! This year has flown by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So crazy- I just came across your blog. I have a son, BRADY who is now 2.5, but we had his first birthday and baptism the same weekend as well AND he wore the same outfit at his baptism. Small world :).

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved seeing all these pics on IG! GREAT PARTY MOMMA!! And yay for the baptism!!

    ReplyDelete