6.19.2013

House Shopping

I spent last week (my first week on maternity leave) staying busy looking at furniture for the new house and picking out the fun stuff for the new house like colors, tile, backsplash, flooring, paint, lighting etc.  I've told Matt to give me a list of exactly what he is needing decisions on for the house because it's a lot easier for me to shop and make these decisions now than it will be when the new baby gets here.  So I took advantage of my time off and have been a shopping fool.  

Below are photos from my iphone that I have snapped along the way.  I haven't purchased any new furniture yet for the house, but just getting ideas for things I like.  All the furniture pictures below came from several different antique shops in Fairhope, AL.  They had some beautiful antique pieces.

I'm looking for a dresser and mirror to go in our entry hall and a buffet and dining table for our dining room, so that's pretty much what you see in these furniture photos...

These are photos for decisions that need to be made for the house starting with (L to R, Top to Bottom) cabinets and backsplash for the kitchen, tile and accent for master shower, slate flooring for outdoor porches, farm sink for kitchen, ceiling for outdoor porches, and hardwood flooring.

Its been fun shopping and making some decisions.  I'm trying to compromise the best I know how.  :) If it were completely up to me, my kitchen would be all white and the master shower would be pretty much all white; but husband calls that a doctor's office and will not allow it.  So I am compromising with almost white cabinets and some backsplash that will add a little color for him but is still pretty neutral.  

The sheetrock looks really great in the house.  We hope to throw some paint up on the walls this weekend to make a decision on paint color.  They still have a ways to go on bricking the house.  It seemed to go fast at first and now they are moving slow again....

No comments:

Post a Comment